    SubjectRe: The ext3 way of journalling
    On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:00:46 +0700, BuraphaLinux Server said:
    > The help for CONFIG_DM_SNAPSHOT says it is EXPERIMENTAL (in
    > 2.6.23.12). So this would mean that there is very high risk of
    > software failure using snapshots. Would you want to do that for your
    > fsck?

    The overall current state of EXPERIMENTAL in the tree is, quite frankly,
    somewhere between a complete crock and a wheelbarrow full of bovine fertilizer.
    There's a lot of things labeled EXPERIMENTAL that shouldn't be, and a lot of
    bleeding edge things that may eat your disks and cause your dog to turn green
    that aren't labelled EXPERIMENTAL.

    Having said that, I have *no* idea what state the snapshot code is in, but I
    have approximately zero confidence that the EXPERIMENTAL tag tells me anything
    actually useful about the snapshot code.

      Last update: 2008-01-09 09:23    [W:0.019 / U:63.196 seconds]