    From: Bryan Wu [mailto:cooloney.lkml@gmail.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:33 AM
    To: Pierre Ossman; cliff.cai@analog.com
    Cc: Mike Frysinger; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
    Subject: Re: [patch] split MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA

    On Jan 9, 2008 4:49 AM, Pierre Ossman <drzeus-mmc@drzeus.cx> wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:40:49 -0500
    > Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    > > i dont understand what's confusing. the Blackfin on chip host
    > > controller only supports 1-bit MMC, but it supports 4-bit SD/SDIO.
    > > this is a fact. while it may be a stupid decision, it is what it
    > > is, and i need the framework made more flexible in order to get the
    > > Blackfin driver merged cleanly. we do software for hardware, we
    dont do hardware.

    > Well, since I've seen no _hardware_ differences between 4-bit MMC and
    4-bit SD, "support" in this case must me "vendor will guarantee it
    works". And that is not the kind of "support" that needs a distinction
    in the code.

    > So, again, if you feel that there is a hardware difference between
    4-bit MMC and 4-bit SD then please elaborate as it is my understanding
    that they are identical.

    As Mike said, the reason split this flag is because Blackfin on-chip
    SDIO controller's limitation.
    Cliff is working on it for a long time, so I dropped him in. Hope he can
    clarify the confusing things.

    Thanks
    -Bryan Wu

      Last update: 2008-01-09 04:33    [W:0.022 / U:1.228 seconds]