    Subject[TOMOYO #6 retry 00/21] TOMOYO Linux - MAC based on process invocation history.
    "TOMOYO Linux" is our work in the field of security enhancement for Linux.
    This is the 6th submission of TOMOYO Linux.
    (http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/wiki-e/?WhatIs#mainlining)

    Changes since previous (November 17th) submission:

    * Added security goal document. (Documentation/TOMOYO.txt)
    This document is intended to specify the security goal that TOMOYO
    Linux is trying to achieve. Thread URL:
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/12/25/18

    * Added environment variable name control functionality.
    Users can restrict the environment variable's names passed to
    execve() for each domain.

    * Refreshed patches for the latest -mm tree.
    Patches are for 2.6.24-rc6-mm1

    The possibility of AB-BA deadlock has been pointed out and argued in
    http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/11/5/388 .
    We believe that LSM functions shouldn't access namespace_sem, so
    we chose to write a set of wrapper functions to pass "struct vfsmount" to
    LSM functions using "struct task_struct". This method is suggested at
    http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org/msg01712.html .

    We wish Linux to merge either AppArmor's "Pass struct vfsmount to ..." patches or
    our patches marked as [02/21], [03/21], [04/21] into mainline kernel
    so that AppArmor and TOMOYO Linux can safely access "struct vfsmount" from LSM.

    Patches consist of five types.
    * [TOMOYO 01/21]: Documentation.
    * [TOMOYO 02-05/21]: Essential modifications against -mm kernel.
    * [TOMOYO 06-19/21]: LSM implementation of TOMOYO Linux.
    * [TOMOYO 20/21]: Makefile and Kconfig.
    * [TOMOYO 21/21]: Optional modifications against -mm kernel.

    We are trying to make a fair ¡Èsecure Linux¡É comparison table, it should
    explain the differences between TOMOYO Linux and AppArmor.
    (http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/wiki-e/?WhatIs#comparison)

    We would like TOMOYO Linux to be added into -mm tree so that more
    people can try. Any kind of feedbacks for the patches and the table
    would be appreciated.