SubjectRe: Kbuild update

>> It sort of stopped at one point due to missing integration in mainline.
>> What I refer to is mostly the mconf.c bits, but I would also like to
>> see what lkml says to a sample of .po files included in the kernel
>> for a number of languages.
>>
>> One criteria to get a .po file integrated could be at least 10% of the
>> strings translated or similar.

Well, I think it's worthy. The translation effort will be valuable
and much helpful for non-English-speaking peoples.

>Besides the initial translation efforts a big problem would be to
>also find people who will regularly update the translations for
>many years.

Yes, that's really a problem. But I think the updates won't be
too frequent, only update for stable release is enough.

If we can make this to be an offical project for Linux kernel, I
think it won't be a big problem.

Regards.

Cong

  Last update: 2008-01-06 15:29    [W:0.143 / U:0.324 seconds]