    SubjectRe: Idle loadavg of ~1, maybe MD related

    > Maybe, but we can usually work around it pretty comfortably.
    > If smu_set_fan() is only ever called by a kernel thread then we can simply
    > flip it over to using wait_for_completion_interruptible().

    Hrm... as of today, it's mostly called from a kernel thread but I don't
    totally iron out the possibility that we add control to those things via
    sysfs... But that's definitely an option for now.

    However, that's only part of the problem. There's a lot of I2C accesses
    (and other SMU accesses to read SMU based sensors) and I doubt we can
    make all of that "magically" interruptible.

    I would much prefer if we had a way to tag a kernel thread to not add to
    the load average when in interruptible sleep :-)

    > If smu_set_fan() is also called from user processes then things aren't so
    > easy...

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-06 04:55    [W:0.031 / U:41.968 seconds]