SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] [FEATURE REQUEST] Transparent hot plugging of root file system on portable storage devices.
On Wed 2008-01-02 15:23:30, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Oliver Neukum wrote:
>
> > Am Dienstag 01 Januar 2008 schrieb Pavel Machek:
> > > Hi1

> > > Yep, that would be nice.... In fact, patch would be very welcome :-).
> >
> > Use the USB persist feature and hibernate. It should work. If you modify
> > the fs in any way, you'll crash and burn. Unmounting / is harder which you
> > need if you want to do this safely.
>
> What about people who prefer (for reasons of restart latency or
> non-availability of swap space) to suspend rather than hibernate?

For suspend to RAM, we can keep the power session, and be _sure_ noone
unplugged our USB disks, right? So that one should work nicely.
Pavel

  Last update: 2008-01-05 22:55    [W:0.056 / U:0.444 seconds]