    SubjectRe: mmu_notifier: close hole in fork
    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > Good catch! This was missing also in my #v5 (KVM doesn't need that
    > because the only possible cows on sptes can be generated by ksm, but
    > it would have been a problem for GRU). The more I think about it, the

    How do you think the GRU should know when to drop the refcount? There is
    no page table and thus no way of tracking that a refcount was taken.
    Without the refcount you cannot defer the freeing of the page. So
    shootdown on invalidate_range_begin and lock out until
    invalidate_range_end seems to be the only workable solution.

    BTW what do you think about adding a flag parameter to the invalidate
    calls that allows shooting down writable ptes only? That could be useful
    for COW and page_mkclean.

    So

    #define MMU_ATOMIC 1
    #define MMU_WRITABLE 2

    insted of the atomic parameter?

      Last update: 2008-02-01 02:51    [W:0.024 / U:1.020 seconds]