SubjectRe: x86: Why have __copy_from_user_ll_nocache* been exported?

* Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> > A commit that does nothing except for adding two unused
> > EXPORT_SYMBOL's.
> >
> > Without any rationale why they should be exported.
>
> Don't look at me. This has been sitting in my tree for nearly two
> years as part of the reiser4 patchset. It may not even be needed any
> more. I guess Ingo went on a fishing expedition and liked the change.

yes, i picked it up from -mm (as can be seen from the SOB line), and i
agreed with that change regardless of the reiser4 patchset. (which might
never see the light of upstream acceptance)

there's nothing more annoying than incomplete and inconsistent APIs. I'm
trying to fix them up everywhere i see, and this is one of those cases.
Adrian still has not given any rationale about why he wants to see the
export removed.

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-01-31 22:21    [W:0.123 / U:0.676 seconds]