SubjectRe: ndiswrapper and GPL-only symbols redux
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:48:10PM -0800, Giridhar Pemmasani wrote:
> --- Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
> > It is interesting that someone posting with an address claims
> > that dynamic linking of not GPLv2 compatible code into GPLv2 code was
> > not a copyright violation.
> There is no copyright violation: ndiswrapper is licensed under GPLv2. And the
> Windows driver is not linked to kernel code - only ndiswrapper functions are
> linked to kernel.

IANAL, but I have serious doubts whether putting some glue layer between
the GPL'ed code and the code with a not GPL compatible licence is really
a legally effictive way of circumventing the GPL.

> Giri

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed