    SubjectRe: ndiswrapper and GPL-only symbols redux
    On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:48:10PM -0800, Giridhar Pemmasani wrote:
    > --- Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
    > > It is interesting that someone posting with an address claims
    > > that dynamic linking of not GPLv2 compatible code into GPLv2 code was
    > > not a copyright violation.
    > There is no copyright violation: ndiswrapper is licensed under GPLv2. And the
    > Windows driver is not linked to kernel code - only ndiswrapper functions are
    > linked to kernel.

    IANAL, but I have serious doubts whether putting some glue layer between
    the GPL'ed code and the code with a not GPL compatible licence is really
    a legally effictive way of circumventing the GPL.

    > Giri

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-30 18:57    [W:0.024 / U:0.772 seconds]