    SubjectRe: Problem with ata layer in 2.6.24
    On Monday 28 January 2008, Kasper Sandberg wrote:
    [...]
    >> >We have no way of debugging that module, so please try 2.6.24 without it.
    >>
    >> Sorry, I can't do this and have a working machine. The nv driver has
    >> suffered bit rot or something since the FC2 days when it COULD run a 19"
    >> crt at 1600x1200, and will not drive this 20" wide screen lcd 1680x1050
    >> monitor at more than 800x600, which is absolutely butt ugly fuzzy, looking
    >> like a jpg compressed to 10%. The system is not usable on a day to basis
    >> without the nvidia driver.
    >>
    >> Fix the nv driver so it will run this screen at its native resolution and
    >> I'll be glad to run it even if it won't run google earth, which I do use
    >> from time to time. Now, if in all the hits you can get from google on
    >> this, currently 14,800 just for 'exception Emask', apparently caused by a
    >> timeout, if 100% of the complainers are running nvidia drivers also, then
    >> I see a legit
    >
    >I can invalidate this theory...
    >i helped a guy on irc debug this problem, and he had ati. I tried having
    >him stop using fglrx, and go to r300.. same problem, and same problem
    >even with vesa.. :)

    No Kasper, you are validating it, that it is not nvidia related, which is what
    I was also saying.

    >also, i have this on my fileserver with .20, which doesent even run X,
    >or module support in kernel :)

    That far back? Although ISTR I saw it happen once only when I was running
    2.6.18-somethingorother.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2008-01-29 05:53    [W:0.029 / U:60.180 seconds]