    SubjectRe: DMA mapping on SCSI device?
    Date

    > The ideal solution would be to do mapping against a different struct
    > device for each port, so that we could maintain the proper DMA mask for
    > each of them at all times. However I'm not sure if that's possible.

    I cannot imagine why it should be that difficult. The PCI subsystem
    could over a pci_clone_device() or similar function. For all complicated
    purposes (sysfs etc) the original device could be used, so it would
    be hopefully not that difficult.

    The alternative would be to add a new family of PCI mapping
    functions that take an explicit mask. Disadvantage would be changing
    all architectures, but on the other hand the interface could be phase
    in one by one (and nF4 primarily only works on x86 anyways)

    I suspect the later would be a little cleaner, although they don't
    make much difference.

    -Andi

      Last update: 2008-01-29 05:33    [W:0.018 / U:29.336 seconds]