    SubjectRe: 2.6.24-rc7-rt2
    > For me, on the other hand, it is against the spirit of free software to
    > actively make a block for people to do what ever they want with the code
    > when they are only doing it to themselves. That includes loading non-GPL
    > software into the kernel. The only thing they are not allowed to do is to
    > distribute it and in that way "hurt" other people.

    Since the GPL only applies to the people to whom you distribute your
    code, if you do not distribute the code, licensing it under the GPL is
    100% harmless to you.

    So the requirement to only load GPL'd code does not prevent people from
    label it as GPL and then not distribute it.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-28 03:35    [W:0.019 / U:6.988 seconds]