SubjectRe: using LKML for subsystem development
From
From: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:28:20 +0100

> Filter on all mails from David S. Miller if you are interested in
> networking topics. You'll have a really good grasp of what's going on in
> that area, without having to invest too much time.

That's a very poor filter, I don't write much code lately in the
networking.

I only provide theoretical direction in a few specific areas I care
about.

As Ingo already knows, I think this "put everything on lkml" argument
is bogus.

And about bisectability, every time I apply a networking patch I do at
the very least a "allmodconfig" build with just that new patch added,
for every patch. Often I do more extensive build testing.

And when I rebase the tree, I rerun this check after each
patch gets re-applied to a new base tree.

In fact I'm working on such issues as I fly over the Australia
for LCA08 :-)

So this isn't an issue that posting to lkml is going to help.

  Last update: 2008-01-26 15:09    [W:0.112 / U:0.660 seconds]