[lkml]   [2008]   [Jan]   [26]   [last100]   RSS Feed

SubjectRe: Silent crash witk 2-6.24-rc8-git4
    On Thursday 24 January 2008, Mattias Nissler wrote:
    > On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 00:03 +0000, Chris Clayton wrote:
    > > Thanks for the reply, John.
    > > On Wednesday 23 January 2008, John W. Linville wrote:
    > > > On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 04:42:58PM +0000, Chris Clayton wrote:
    > > > > On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Chris Clayton wrote:
    > > > > > Hi again.
    > > > > >
    > > > > > On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Chris Clayton wrote:
    > > > > > > Hi,
    > > > >
    > > > > and here's another, slightly more complete, one, this time from 2.6.24-rc8-git6
    > > > > (the none I sent earlier was from -git4, by the way)
    > > > >
    > > > commit 62bc060b8ed5fcdafd87da5ab17bdd59a39ebcc9
    > > > Author: Mattias Nissler <mattias.nissler@gmx.de>
    > > > Date: Mon Nov 12 15:03:12 2007 +0100
    > > >
    > > > rt2x00: Allow rt61 to catch up after a missing tx report
    > > >
    > > > Could you revert that patch, rebuild, and try to recreate the problem?
    > > >
    > > I've reverted the patch by hand - the original patch on linux-wireless doesn't match the present state of the code
    > > in rt61pci.c and I'm not a git user. I'm pretty sure I've got it right, however.
    > > Problem now is that we are back where we were a few weeks ago because my wireless connection dies
    > > almost immediately after I start the download and from dmesg I see:
    > > phy0 -> rt2x00pci_write_tx_data: Error - Arrived at non-free entry in the non-full queue 2.
    > > Please file bug report to http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com.
    > As the patches author, I'm not very surprised :-) The patch just adds
    > additional processing that should have happened in a different call of
    > the interrupt handler. I don't think it can be related at all to the
    > trouble you're seeing.
    > When I find time, I'll try the Linus tree on my rt61 to see what
    > happens.

OK, thanks. I look forward to seeing how things go. In the meantime, I'll use the out-of-tree module from serialmonkey.

Chris