SubjectRe: [2.6.24-rc6-mm1]Build failure in drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c
Jan-Bernd Themann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for answering so late, I'm only tracking netdev and ppc mailing list.
>
> On Thursday 10 January 2008 18:34, Greg KH wrote:
> > > The structure device_driver(in device.h) has a member struct driver_private which
> > > contains the member kobj (according to drivers/base/base.h).
> > > But in device.h struct driver_private has been declared localy and
> > > neither defined nor included from base.h.
> > > So my effort to use driver->driver_private->obj also does not work.
> > > (I am surprised from where do you access the struct device_driver)
> >
> > That is because a driver should not be accessing such a field.
> >
> > And especially not in this manner, why would this driver be creating a
> > symlink that has already been created by the driver core? This whole
> > thing can just be removed with no problems. Can you try just removing
> > the ehea_driver_sysfs_add and ehea_driver_sysfs_remove functions to
> > verify this as I don't have the hardware present to test it out.
>
> The eHEA driver tries to orginize its sys-entries as close as possible to
> other ethernet drivers. Each eHEA NIC has multiple ports which is not that
> common in PCI. This means that each port is represented by a subdirectory
> which has not the "driver" sys-link, only the root directory has.
> Some tools expect to have this driver link in each port directory.
> That is the reason why this link is created manually.
>
> Are there any other ways to create this link?

This is now broken in mainline...

drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c: In function 'ehea_driver_sysfs_add':
drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c:2812: error: 'struct device_driver' has
no member named 'kobj'
drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c:2815: error: 'struct device_driver' has
no member named 'kobj'
drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c:2818: error: 'struct device_driver' has
no member named 'kobj'
drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c: In function 'ehea_driver_sysfs_remove':
drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c:2830: error: 'struct device_driver' has
no member named 'kobj'

  Last update: 2008-01-25 20:13    [W:0.066 / U:0.220 seconds]