SubjectRe: Dropping some patches from sched-devel
On Jan 25, 2008 5:58 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> sure, done.

Thanks.

> what method are you using of determining quality?

I was talking about code quality: adding a dependency on jiffies does
not seems like a good idea. But also, about the clock quality, I was
focusing on getting rid of underflows and overflows so relaxed the
checks. But I realized all these underflows are definitely needed. I
mean, the conversion from TSC to sched_clock always rounds to lower,
so overtime it lags a bit.

> Could you perhaps try
> to automate it? (even better would be some self-test within the kernel
> that detects badness)

I find the overflow/underflow/warps checks you added in the first
place to be sufficent. Not sure we want to add more tests to
differentiate between normal and abnormal drifts.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

--
Guillaume

  Last update: 2008-01-25 18:31    [W:0.104 / U:0.180 seconds]