    SubjectRe: [patch] x86: test case for the RODATA config option
    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:27:28 +0100
    Andi Kleen <> wrote:

    > > What it does is check if the rodata marking was succesful.
    > The only difference I see is that you check that the TLB flush works,
    > but for that it looks awfully incomplete.

    you think one level too small.
    It tests if mark_rodata_ro() operated correctly.
    Yes internally that uses c-p-a, but there's more code there, including a set of boundary conditions etc.
    And for the page table to work, cr0 needs to be set up correctly etc etc etc.

    > Other than it is identical [modulo the kernel mapping bit on 64bit]--

    it's a test of mark_rodata_ro(), not of c-p-a. Not the same thing.

    > What I meant using the more extensive test in pageattr-test.c
    > to test a few changes in the 64bit kernel mapping too, not moving your
    > code. I don't think moving your code makes sense. Sorry for being
    > unclear.

    then I just don't get your comment at all; sorry.

    If you want to reach me at my work email, use

      Last update: 2008-01-23 17:15    [W:0.035 / U:81.512 seconds]