SubjectRe: ATA device reset, shoud I be concerned?
Tejun Heo wrote:
> Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
>> On Monday 21 January 2008, Tejun Heo wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> Old IDE often locks up the machine hard after timeouts. I'm all for
>> Could you point me to some bugreports?
>>
>> I would like to know more about hosts/conditions for which it happens.
>
> It's jmicron and all on-board jmicrons I have show the same problem.
> Connect harddrrive to the controller and drive it via jmicron, hot plug
> unplug SATA drives continuously, after a while, jmicron says it lost
> interrupt and the machine locks up hard.

BTW, those hot plug/unplugs don't have any direct relationship with the
JMB controller. It's some interference or power issue, I guess. Hot
plugging unrelated drives somehow locks up the jmicron driver. :-(

--
tejun

  Last update: 2008-01-22 03:11    [W:0.068 / U:2.500 seconds]