SubjectRe: Huawei EC321 CDMA PCCARD support broken

在 2008-01-08二的 08:58 +0800,张韡武写道:
> Dear all
>
> A lot of google searches reflect that, the latest kernel supporting
> Huawei EC321 CDMA PCCARD is 2.6.17. My version (2.6.22-14 on Ubuntu)
> doesn't work.

This is not true, the "google searches" result turns to be of a
completely not related issue.

Sorry I made a mistake in my previous posting. The Huawei EC321 CDMA
card works just fine with the kernel I am using: 2.6.22

I mis-reported the problem because, unlike the other card I used before
(Bora), it seems to me this card have some 'wake-up' time. It start to
work several minutes after it's inserted to the slot. I also read other
posts on Chinese forums mentioned this delay time.

If user tries to dial right after inserted the card, he would see the
behavior I described in previous posts. If he waits longer the
connection establish. Here is the wvdial.conf I used to establish a
connection (tested working):

[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = #777
Username = CARD
Password = CARD
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0

Very simple.

I totally looked in the wrong direction (looking for difference in
kernel version and option.c). All I had to do is to wait a bit.