SubjectRe: [Announce] Development release 0.1 of the LatencyTOP tool
> yes indeed; I sort of use the same infrastructure inside the scheduler; the
> biggest
> reason I felt I had to do something different was that I wanted to do per
> process
> data collection, so that you can see for a specific process what was going
> on.

Wouldn't it have been easier then to just extend the sleep profiler to
oprofile? oprofile already has pid filters and can do per process
profiling.

On the other hand I'm not fully sure only doing per pid profiling
is that useful. After all often latencies come from asynchronous
threads (like kblockd). So a system level view is probably better
anyways.

-Andi

  Last update: 2008-01-19 06:27    [W:0.062 / U:0.568 seconds]