    Subjectcreate a file in kernel mode. help please!
    Hi there,
    obviously this is a newbie question, but I couldn't find any
    documentation on how to do it.. I tried several ways but couldnt do
    I designed a system call, so a user will call it, and a new file will
    be created ('/tmp/filexx'). After that, I have another system call,
    that will map the file into the maps of the user process. The idea is
    the same as IPC...

    I managed to create the file with this function (in the first system call):
    fd = filp_open(path, O_CREAT | O_RDWR , 777);

    After that, the user will call another system call, and it will map
    this file to the process maps.
    something like this:
    filp_open(route, O_RDWR,0 );
    do_mmap(fp, 0, tamano, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE | PROT_EXEC,
    MAP_SHARED, 0);

    After I call the second system call, the user tries to access the
    memory, but gets the message "Bus Error".
    I tried to manually create a file with vi, and then use the second
    system call, and worked perfectly. I could use the shared memory
    without problems.

    The problems seems to be in the first system call (with filp_open),
    when I try to create a new file... Can somebody suggest me something,
    on how I could fix this issue?? It is very important because it is for
    a college projects.

    Greetings, and thanks in advance for the answers.
    Rafael Sisto - Uruguay.-

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-19 06:21    [W:0.021 / U:2.788 seconds]