SubjectRE: SATA DOM is not identified by ata_piix module
Date
I tried to nail down when the problem was introduced. I compiled some
official kernel release. Here is the result.
2.6.17.14 IDE -- Failed SATA -- passed
2.6.18 IDE -- Failed SATA -- failed
2.6.18.8 IDE -- Failed SATA -- failed
2.6.24-rc7-git6 IDE -- passed SATA DOM -- failed
linux-2.6.24-rc8-git1 IDE -- passed SATA -- failed
All IDE failed reason is xfermode error, and all SATA failure is IDENTIFY
error.

As you can find out, the failure of SATA DOM was introduced from kernel
2.6.18.

I'm not good at low level driver programming, so I cannot find out the root
cause by myself. But if Alan or someone else needs more info or wants to
test the patch, I'm glad to do it in my platform.

Best regards,
Mao Rui