SubjectRe: echo mem > /sys/power/state
Hi.

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 of January 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:

>>> Heh. Laptop suspend to anything has been so broken for so long in the
>>> -mm series on my Compaq R3000 that I didn't even know it was ever
>>> supposed to work.
>> It gets broken more often than anything else. I do test each release on
>> two laptops and I get to do a lot of bisection searching and
>> grumpygramming as a result.
>>
>> Probably it would be more efficient to have the people who wrote the code
>> also test it.
>
> Well, that would certainly help.
>
> I do test all of my patches and generally all of the patches I sign off, but
> surely that's not enough.

It is far too easy to take a cursory glance, say 'That looks okay' and
move on to the next thing, isn't it? I was horrified when I saw the list
of acks etc (including me) on the commit with the helper_unlock issue we
just fixed. It's truly scary to think that none of us looked closely
enough to pick that up at the time.

Nigel

  Last update: 2008-01-17 22:53    [W:0.132 / U:0.164 seconds]