SubjectRe: USB HID: Missing keys on Gyration Media Center Universal Remote Control
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007, Adolfo R. Brandes wrote:

> 1) The power button, which is actually a Sleep or Suspend button, when
> pressed repeats endlessly. One must disconnect the receiver for it to
> stop. I suspect this is because the key press event registers
> correctly, but not the key release.
>
> 2) Four of the buttons ("TV", "SETUP MENU", "LAST", and "INPUT") are
> not recognized and do not register any events.
> * "SETUP MENU", "LAST", and "INPUT" keys do absolutely nothing.

Hi Adolfo,

this is really weird, that the keys do not produce any debugging output at
all. Do you think you could use usbmon to see what data is coming from
they keyboard through USB bus? Details are explained at
Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

> * "TV" registers something, but apparently not enough for an event.

From the debugging output, it seems that the HID report arrives, but all
bits are set to zero, which is also strange. Could you please also capture
usbmon output for this event? It could be that the HID report descriptor
of this device is wrong, and the report is in fact longer than two bytes.

> * "Power" correctly registers a Sleep event, but repeats endlessly.

The keyboard is buggy and doesn't handle "Power" as a button for which
EV_REP should be set. This will be trivial to fix by keyboard-specific
quirk, I will send it to you together with other changes, when we collect
any interesting information from usbmon.

Thanks for great and detailed bugreport,

--
Jiri Kosina

  Last update: 2008-01-17 14:29    [W:3.866 / U:0.004 seconds]