SubjectRe: [patch] block: fix blktrace timestamps

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:

> because a perfectly working system is:
>
> "a user's .config that worked before should work with the new kernel
> too"
>
> not:
>
> "a user's .config that worked before should work now too, with random
> new kernel features enabled as well."
>
> the latter appears to be the rule you are applying, but it's not the
> regression rule we are using.

Jens, just to bring your definition of regressions to its logical
conclusion: does this mean that if there is any longstanding bug in the
block layer that you know about, but i didnt ever utilize that bit of
the block layer it in my .config, and if i enable it now in the .config
and i experience that bug, does it suddenly count as a regression? Do
you realize that your definition for "regressions" turns _almost every_
current bug in the kernel into a regression?

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-01-14 09:03    [W:0.069 / U:0.232 seconds]