    SubjectRE: fixed a bug of adma in rhel4u5 with HDS7250SASUN500G.
    Robert hancock wrote:
    > What problem does this resolve? I tested it against the cache
    > flush/NCQ
    > write switching problem we've been trying to solve, and it
    > doesn't look
    > like it fixes that one - if I apply this patch and then remove the
    > udelay(20) in sata_nv.c that I added which prevented me from
    > seeing this
    > problem before, it shows up.

    First thank davide to help to send the attachment.

    The patch is to solve the error message "ata1: CPB flags CMD err,
    flags=0x11" when testing HDS7250SASUN500G in rhel4u5.
    I tested this hd in 2.6.24-rc7 which needed to remove the mask in
    blacklist to run the ncq and the same error also showed up.

    I traced the bug and found that the interrupt finished a command (for
    example, tag=0) when the driver got that adma status is
    NV_ADMA_STAT_DONE and cpb->resp_flags is NV_CPB_RESP_DONE.
    However, For this hd, the drive maybe didn't clear bit 0 at this moment.
    It meaned the hardware had not completely finished the command.
    If at the same time the driver freed the command(tag 0) and sended
    another command (tag 0), the error happened.

    The notifier register is 32-bit register containing notifier value.
    Value is bit vector containing one bit per tag number (0-31) in
    corresponding bit positions (bit 0 is for tag 0, etc). When bit is set
    then ADMA indicates that command with corresponding tag number completed

    So i added the check notifier code. Sometimes i saw that the notifier
    reg set some bits , but the adma status set NV_ADMA_STAT_CMD_COMPLETE
    ,not NV_ADMA_STAT_DONE. So i added the NV_ADMA_STAT_CMD_COMPLETE check

    confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
    is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by

      Last update: 2008-01-14 04:15    [W:0.022 / U:12.792 seconds]