    SubjectRe: Fwd: Fwd: laptop / computer hardlocks during execution of 32bit applications(binaries) on 64bit system (Gentoo)

    * Matthew <jackdachef@gmail.com> wrote:

    > > I have been unable to reproduce your problem here, and I notice you have
    > > the proprietary, highly invasive and closed-source Nvidia driver
    > > installed in your kernel.
    > >
    > > Can you try using the "nv" or "vesa" (unaccelerated) Xorg drivers and
    > > reproduce the problem that way?
    > >
    > > If you *do* reproduce the problem that way, it would be extremely
    > > helpful if you could enable CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO and provide the vmlinux
    > > (not vmlinuz/bzImage) file that goes with the crash dump screenshot.
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    >
    > I was able to reproduce it with removed nvidia module (rmmod nvidia) &
    > nv driver, and will post the pictures later if I find some time (it
    > was the same function if I recall right) do you also need:
    > CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE enabled ?

    really, that module does all sorts of nasty stuff when inserted (and
    then removed), so just to make sure (because you are about to crash your
    box again to take a picture), could you try to boot up without never
    even once loading the nvidia module?

    Ingo

      Last update: 2008-01-10 10:45    [W:0.053 / U:61.712 seconds]