SubjectRe: [patch] Add a simple backtrace test module

* Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 10:42:08PM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> >
> > Subject: Add a simple backtrace test module
> > From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@linux.intel.com>
> >
> > During the work on the x86 32 and 64 bit backtrace code I found it
> > useful to have a simple test module to test a process and irq
> > context backtrace. Since the existing backtrace code was buggy, I
> > figure it might be useful to have such a test module in the kernel
> > so that maybe we can even detect such bugs earlier..
>
> Care to add new testcases to a new tests/ subdirectory so we can have
> them in one place?

yeah, agreed, we'll clean this all up, and move the other testcode there
too, ok? There's rcutorture, lock-selftests, rt-tester,
kprobes-smoke-test and now backtracetest.

Arjan might as well want to use the opportunity and break new kernel
namespace ground by creating the tests/ directory for the first time in
Linux history and introduce tests/backtracetest.c :-)

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-01-10 10:07    [W:0.058 / U:0.500 seconds]