    SubjectRe: [RFC] Union Mount: Readdir approaches

    Matt Keenan:
    > This sounds like a good approach. How does aufs handle low memory
    > situations? Union mounts seem to be quite common on low memory embedded
    > systems. Is there a way for the VM to signal to aufs/the union
    > filesystem to trim its cache? Also on the memory consumption front I

    I also want to find the way to make this implementation to be smaller.

    Basically there is no such signal or message.
    The cache for entries will be discarded when the inode cache is shrinked
    or the file is closed (and the file object is destroyed), because it is
    in inode or file object.
    It is up to your system memory size or something when the inode cache is

    Junjiro Okajima

      Last update: 2007-09-10 04:21    [W:0.032 / U:119.792 seconds]