    SubjectRe: Intel Memory Ordering White Paper
    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:26:50 -0700
    Jesse Barnes <> wrote:

    > FYI, we just released a new white paper describing memory ordering for
    > Intel processors:
    > Should help answer some questions about some of the ordering primitives
    > we use on i386 and x86_64.

    Nice - but it appears to be 64bit only - and indeed it appears to be
    untrue for real 32bit because of the Pentium Pro fencing errata.

    The kernel also runs on IDT Winchip, Cyrix and AMD processors not all of
    which have exactly the same behaviour (the IDT Winchip as we run it
    profoundly differs)

      Last update: 2007-09-08 12:23    [W:0.018 / U:1.892 seconds]