SubjectRe: sata & scsi suggestion for make menuconfig
> > Maybe it is a nice enhancement for make menuconfig to more explicitly
> > give a pop-up or so when someone selects for example a sata controller
> > while no 'scsi-disk' support was selected?
>
> I know that it's difficult to get people to read docs & help text,
> and maybe it is needed in more places, but CONFIG_ATA (SATA/PATA)
> help text says:
> NOTE: ATA enables basic SCSI support; *however*,
> 'SCSI disk support', 'SCSI tape support', or
> 'SCSI CDROM support' may also be needed,
> depending on your hardware configuration.

Yes but that would mean that you have to open the help for each item
that you add.

> A popup makes some sense, but I don't know if menuconfig knows how to
> do popup warnings... and it needs to be done for all *configs,
> not just menuconfig.

Maybe add a new type?

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail na wan makriki wrokosani fu tan luku den logfile nanga san
den commando spiti puru. Piki puru spesrutu sani, wroko nanga difreti