SubjectRe: udev: Inconsistency between %b and %p?
Date
Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> As I would prefer to use the USB device information (idVendor, idProduct)
>> to detect the device, I also tried this one:
>>
>> ATTRS{idVendor}=="0dda", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2005", SUBSYSTEM=="scsi",
>> ACTION=="add", PROGRAM+="/usr/bin/test.sh %b %p"
>>
>> Now this version returns the USB device ID ($NUM-$NUM) to the test script,
>> but the device path (%p) is still OK and still goes down up to the SCSI
>> device ID.
>>
>> Why does %b not return the SCSI device ID in the second rule?
>
> Because ATTRS has matched the USB device, not the SCSI device.

Yes, that's right, but "SUBSYSTEM" matched the SCSI device...

If I use udevinfo, then this tool tells me:

| A rule to match, can be composed by the attributes of the device
| and the attributes from one single parent device.

So I thought, that I've matched the SCSI device now. To prove this, I
just replaced "SUBSYSTEM=="scsi"" with "SUBSYSTEM=="usb"" and removed
the "S" in the "ATTRS" of the above rule, and now, I get the USB-device
in %b (as expected) and the path in %p only goes down up to the USB
device ID.

So, if all rules match for the same device, then %b and %p are both
pointing to this, right, device.

If I try to match, using one of the parent devices (using the "S"
"extension" to the property names) and the device, to match to, itself,
then the two are inconsistent. Then, %b holds the device name of the
parent and %p holds the patch of the device, I want to match.

For me, this looks like a bug, or am I wrong?

Yours

Manuel

  Last update: 2007-09-06 23:21    [W:0.125 / U:0.412 seconds]