    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6.22.6 iPod conflict with PS/2 device.

    On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Satyam Sharma wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:
    >
    >> When I have an iPod attached via USB to an ABIT IC7-G board before it boots up
    >> and let X start etc, the mouse (PS/2) does not function, but the keyboard
    >> works OK.
    >>
    >> GPM does not work either.
    >>
    >> When I attach the iPod after the machine has booted up, everything is OK,
    >> until the next reboot (with the iPod still attached via USB)
    >
    > Interesting :-) And this happens reproducibly?
    >
    > You see this on 2.6.22.6 right? It'll be useful if you could test latest
    > mainline -git (or -rc5). If you still find this problem, then often the
    > best way to hunt such bugs is to find a previous kernel where this did
    > *not* occur, and then git-bisect ...
    >

    >> Any idea why this happens?
    >
    > CC'es added.

    My guess is it will occur with all kernels, it is probably a motherboard
    or IRQ issue and not kernel related. I have seen a few bugs over 5-6
    years with these boards and this is another that can be added to the
    list.

    Justin.

      Last update: 2007-09-05 12:17    [W:0.024 / U:0.560 seconds]