SubjectRe: Fwd: That whole "Linux stealing our code" thing
David Schwartz wrote:
> Either license can grant you the right to distribute it, but how you get the
> rights to distribute has *NO* effect on the recipient. They receive a lawful
> copy and any rights the original author grants them under a license from
> that original author. You have no power to grant or modify rights to the
> original work.

Secondary parties have the power to grant or modify rights, if delegated
to them by the original author.

Relicensing and transfer of rights happens all the time. How do you
think most music gets into consumer hands?

Jeff

  Last update: 2007-09-03 11:01    [W:0.122 / U:1.628 seconds]