    SubjectRe: [patch/backport] CFS scheduler, -v22, for v2.6.23-rc8, v2.6.22.8, v2.6.21.7, v2.6.20.20
    El Fri, 28 Sep 2007 23:20:13 -0300
    Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <> escribió:

    > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Alejandro Riveira Fernández wrote:
    > > I feel it better than 20.5 but the later is more stable. Let me explain.
    > >
    > > I patched a kernel with both versions 22 and 20.5[1]. With the 22
    > > version if i lock the screen (run screensaver) or i try to run a wine program
    > > i experience a hard lock up no keyboard or mouse and i have to reboot the
    > > machine (i can not try to access it via ssh because i do not have a second
    > > machine).

    Thanks for the response :D

    > I have seen that twice with v20.5 under Didn't see it yet with
    > v22. xterm would get pissed if I tried to "secure keyboard", so something
    > stole the keyboard focus and wouldn't give it back to xorg. Maybe a locking
    > bug in xorg somewhere?
    > Anyway, my kernel is NOT tainted, so rest assured that at least this one is
    > not nVidia's fault.
    > BTW, v20.5 in would sometimes cause dmcrypt to oops when first
    > mounting a LUKS volume if there was some non-extra-light disk activity going
    > on. Probably something missing in the backport to 2.6.21...
    > Sorry, days down here have been very busy, so I didn't have time to send a
    > proper bug report.

    I can add another data point 2.6.23-rc8-cfs-v22-g1bef7dc0-dirty does not have
    any problem with wine or xscreensaver is working fine. Again i use nvidia and
    a 3 party gpl driver for my wifi rt2500 which have compiled fine with the new
    kernel (surprise surprise!)
    If you need any more info just ask.

    P.S: I use ubuntu feisty fwiw

    Nunca discutas con un idiota. Al final te hacen rebajarte a su nivel y entonces
    te acaban ganando debido a su mayor experiencia.

      Last update: 2007-09-29 18:55    [W:0.036 / U:2.732 seconds]