    SubjectRe: [sdhci] mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1
    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:42:37 +0200 (CEST)
    Adam Wysocki <> wrote:

    > [CCd to possibly interested Pierre Ossman and Rodolfo Giometti]
    > Hi there,
    > First, sorry for my poor english - I am not a native.
    > I know there have been a thread about this problem few months ago,
    > but as far as I see it did not led to any results:
    > I have the same problem, as described there, with Kingston 2GB SD
    > card. My card reader is embedded into Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Pro V3505
    > notebook and Linux sees it as:

    If it's just this card, then I would have to conclude that it is indeed
    broken. You'd have to return it to the store and get a new one.

    (I'm afraid we can't just ignore the version field as there have been
    several changes in the past where new version means no backward

    > I have posted some debugging messages from sdhci here (ca. 44 kB):

    > PCMCIA (ide-cs) card reader does not see this card neither, but does
    > not spit any error messages - just that the card is not seen
    > in /proc/partitions:

    That card reader probably just doesn't have a way of reporting errors
    back to you.

    > On the other side, my Canon A610 camera sees and handles this card
    > properly. Also does the usb-storage reader:

    I'd be very cautious about using those then. Since they obviously just
    assume they can use any card you stick in there, it's a good chance
    they'll start eating your data when never cards hit the market.

    -- Pierre Ossman

    Linux kernel, MMC maintainer
    PulseAudio, core developer
    rdesktop, core developer

      Last update: 2007-09-29 10:37    [W:0.027 / U:7.844 seconds]