    SubjectRe: [patch/backport] CFS scheduler, -v22, for v2.6.23-rc8, v2.6.22.8, v2.6.21.7, v2.6.20.20
    On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Alejandro Riveira Fernández wrote:
    > I feel it better than 20.5 but the later is more stable. Let me explain.
    > I patched a kernel with both versions 22 and 20.5[1]. With the 22
    > version if i lock the screen (run screensaver) or i try to run a wine program
    > i experience a hard lock up no keyboard or mouse and i have to reboot the
    > machine (i can not try to access it via ssh because i do not have a second
    > machine).

    I have seen that twice with v20.5 under Didn't see it yet with
    v22. xterm would get pissed if I tried to "secure keyboard", so something
    stole the keyboard focus and wouldn't give it back to xorg. Maybe a locking
    bug in xorg somewhere?

    Anyway, my kernel is NOT tainted, so rest assured that at least this one is
    not nVidia's fault.

    BTW, v20.5 in would sometimes cause dmcrypt to oops when first
    mounting a LUKS volume if there was some non-extra-light disk activity going
    on. Probably something missing in the backport to 2.6.21...

    Sorry, days down here have been very busy, so I didn't have time to send a
    proper bug report.

    Henrique Holschuh

      Last update: 2007-09-29 04:53    [W:0.021 / U:20.836 seconds]