    SubjectRe: PCI: Fix boot-time hang on G31/G33 PC
    On Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:56 pm Greg KH wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:55:55PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > > On Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:18 pm Greg KH wrote:
    > > > Due to the issues surrounding this patch, I'm dropping it from my
    > > > repo.
    > >
    > > What issues? Is it causing problems for people?
    > I thought this was the patch that Ivan objected to.

    Yeah, Ivan objected to this, but incorrectly I think.

    Ivan, your concern is about disabling things like interrupt controllers
    and power management chips during probe right? You're right that doing
    that could cause problems if we get and interrupt or PMU event at just
    the wrong time, but that could just as easily happen if decode was
    still enabled but the BAR had a bogus address programmed (as it would
    during probing).

    Ultimately, I don't care much one way or another as long as we can get
    the desktop platforms fixed somehow. I think disabling decode is the
    most correct way of doing this, but I'm open to other solutions (this
    is the only patch I've seen though that's been tested to solve the

      Last update: 2007-09-27 00:25    [W:0.030 / U:1.892 seconds]