    SubjectState of the Linux PCI Subsystem for 2.6.23-rc8
    Here's a summary of the current state of the Linux PCI subsystem, as of
    2.6.23-rc8.

    If the information in here is incorrect, or anyone knows of any
    outstanding issues not listed here, please let me know.

    List of outstanding regressions from 2.6.22:
    - none known.

    List of outstanding regressions from older kernel versions:
    - none known.

    If interested, the list of all currently open PCI bugs can be seen at:
    http://bugzilla.kernel.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=5829&hide_resolved=1

    Future patches that are currently in my quilt tree (as found at
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/
    ) for the PCI subsystem are as follows. All of these will be submitted
    for inclusion into 2.6.24, except as noted. The diffstat of these
    patches is included at the bottom of this message for those that are
    interested.

    - various pci quirks for different devices
    - pci hotplug driver kthread conversion
    - pci hotplug bugfixes
    - pci express hotplug tweaks and fixes
    - minor bugfixes and cleanups
    - MSI documentation update

    - pci bridge device rework. Note, this was reported to break
    Andrew's x86-64 box, but he lost the picture he took of the
    oops. Others reported that it worked just fine on their
    boxes. I'm still a little hesitant of sending this to 2.6.24
    until I can track down what happened here.

    There are no PCI api changes scheduled for 2.6.24.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

    ----------------------------

    Diffstat of the current pci-2.6 quilt queue:

    Documentation/DMA-API.txt | 3
    Documentation/MSI-HOWTO.txt | 69 ------------
    arch/i386/kernel/pci-dma.c | 3
    arch/i386/kernel/reboot_fixups.c | 6 +
    arch/i386/pci/common.c | 10 +
    arch/i386/pci/fixup.c | 47 ++++++++
    arch/i386/pci/irq.c | 39 +++++++
    arch/x86_64/kernel/pci-dma.c | 1
    drivers/pci/bus.c | 17 ++-
    drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_core.c | 2
    drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_ctrl.c | 74 ++++---------
    drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_hpc.c | 57 ++--------
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c | 24 +---
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_ctrl.c | 20 +--
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_hpc.c | 209 ++++++++++----------------------------
    drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_pci.c | 24 ++--
    drivers/pci/pci-driver.c | 3
    drivers/pci/pci.c | 5
    drivers/pci/pci.h | 2
    drivers/pci/pcie/Kconfig | 9 -
    drivers/pci/probe.c | 82 +++++++-------
    drivers/pci/quirks.c | 43 -------
    drivers/pci/remove.c | 6 -
    include/linux/pci.h | 4
    include/linux/pci_ids.h | 3
    include/linux/pci_regs.h | 6 -
    lib/swiotlb.c | 1

      Last update: 2007-09-26 23:09    [W:0.021 / U:60.504 seconds]