    SubjectRe: [patch 6/7] Linux Kernel Markers - Documentation
    On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 10:56:32AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
    > I don't have a problem with a samples/ directory except (as I have
    > already pointed out) it means that people will end up having to look
    > in 2 places for the information that they need, i.e., both in
    > samples/ and in Documentation/. So I really don't see a big need
    > to split the samples and docs.
    > What's wrong with building sample code in the Documentation/ directory?

    It's not really documentation, it's code :) If you want to build
    documentation from the samples use kerneldoc or similar to extrace the
    comments. Having Documentation/ purely for things not affecting the build
    make things a whole lot clearer, but if you absolutely insist on it
    we can put it under Documentation/ as long as it's fully integrated into
    kbuild and will be built as part of allmodconfig, unlike the current
    two patches showing code there.

      Last update: 2007-09-24 20:03    [W:0.019 / U:383.840 seconds]