    SubjectRe: Memory allocation problem with 2.6.22 after suspend/resume cycle
    Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Sunday, 23 September 2007 14:38, Christian P. Schmidt wrote:
    >> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    >>> Are you using an ATI binary graphics driver?
    >> Yes. I do not (yet) have a choice... can't wait for the open source drivers.
    > That, most probably, is the source of the problem. Please see:

    I do however not agree with Andrew's conclusion, as the memory is not
    "used", so I wouldn't expect a memory leak. As soon as I turn swapping
    off everything is loaded again, and works. If there was a leak it should
    use the memory, shouldn't it?
    If the problem would be 100% reproducible I could try without, but as
    is, I have up to two weeks with 2-3 cycles daily (sometimes more, as I
    receive untraceable SERR from my PCI-E WLAN after which I do not receive
    interrupts any more - only a suspend/resume cycle helps...) before the
    problem occurs.

    Anyway, is there a way of unloading the module temporarily without
    shutting X down?

    >>> Well, that's interesting.
    >>> Can you try in the minimal configuration (ie. boot with init=/bin/bash,
    >>> mount /sys, mount /proc and run "echo mem > /sys/power/disk)?
    >> Which? the 32bit or the 64bit?
    > 32-bit, but please do that without the ATI driver.

    Did it. As before, suspends, but when I resume, I hear the CD-ROM spin
    up, the backlight comes on, and nothing more. The system is a Lenovo
    Thinkpad T60 8744-4XG, BIOS 1.09.

      Last update: 2007-09-23 18:23    [W:0.023 / U:30.088 seconds]