    Subject[patch 0/2] suspend/resume regression fixes
    Sorry, it took me quite a while to realize the real root cause of the
    VAIO - and probably many other machines - suspend/resume regressions,
    which were unearthed by the dyntick / clockevents patches.

    We disable a lot of ACPI/BIOS functionality during suspend, but we
    keep the lower idle C-states functionality active across
    suspend/resume. It seems that this causes trouble with certain BIOSes,
    but I assume that the problem is more wide spread and just not
    surfacing due to the various scenarios in which a machine goes into
    suspend/resume. I spent some quality time to figure out a set of debug
    mechanisms, which did not influence the problem. So it is quite likely
    that a lot of machines might be affected by this, but due to the
    configuration, interrupt scenarios, .... the problem just does
    not show up.

    My final enlightment was, when I removed the ACPI processor module,
    which controls the lower idle C-states, right before resume; this
    worked fine all the time even without all the workaround hacks.

    I really hope that this two patches finally set an end to the "jinxed
    VAIO heisenbug series", which started when we removed the periodic
    tick with the clockevents/dyntick patches.

    Venki, can you please add the analogous fix to the cpuidle patch set ?

    Thanks,

    tglx