    SubjectRe: [] nfsd: fh_verify() `malloc failure' with lots of free memory leads to NFS hang
    On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 07:46:32PM +0100, Nix wrote:
    > On 18 Sep 2007, J. Bruce Fields told this:
    > > Also I suppose we should check which version of nfs-utils that fix is in
    > > and make sure distributions are getting the fixed nfs-utils before they
    > > get the new libc, or we're going to see this bug a lot....
    > Further info. This behaviour, although it is allowed by POSIX, is not
    > *specified*, as such, by it (ah! ambiguity! life would be so dull
    > without you!), and is not replicated by any other C library on the face
    > of the planet.
    > Further, it's not even the behaviour of glibc, as such.
    > It's the behaviour of glibc 2.6.x as patched with this Debian-specific
    > patch:

    Good grief. Well, I'd still count it as a bug in nfs-utils, then, but
    nfs-util's share of the blame is much less than we'd previously

    > This patch also breaks at least bash and zsh as well as nfs-utils (see
    > <>) and I sort of
    > suspect it's not long for this world as a result.
    > So this is much less nasty than we feared (well, and more nasty if you
    > happen to be a Debian unstable or testing user).

    OK! Sounds like good news.

      Last update: 2007-09-21 23:17    [W:0.019 / U:71.040 seconds]