    SubjectRe: [NFS] NFS on loopback locks up entire system(2.6.23-rc6)?
    Isn't this a strict requirement from client side, asking to guarantee
    that a server stays up all the time?

    I have seen many cases, where people go and directly change IP of
    their NFS filers or servers worrying least about the clients using
    them.

    Can we get around with some sort of congestion logic?

    Thanks
    --Chakri

    On 9/21/07, Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 09:20 -0700, Chakri n wrote:
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > I was using flock (BSD locking) and I think the problem should be
    > > solved if I move my application to use POSIX locks.
    >
    > Yup.
    >
    > > And any option to avoid processes waiting indefinitely to free pages
    > > from NFS requests waiting on unresponsive NFS server?
    >
    > The only solution I know of is to use soft mounts, but that brings
    > another set of problems:
    > 1. most applications don't know how to recover safely from an EIO
    > error.
    > 2. You lose data.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Trond

      Last update: 2007-09-21 20:09    [W:5.162 / U:0.004 seconds]