SubjectRe: [OT] good job guys with the anti-spam !
On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 03:23:53AM +0200, Oleg Verych wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 02:39:36AM +0200, Bj?rn Steinbrink wrote:
> []
> >
> > Ehrm, you want everyone who wants to start a new thread to:
> >
> > - send an email
> > - await response from the mail server
> > - send the same email again as a reply to the first one
>
> No. Send a ticket request and then organize patch bomb with gotten ticket
> in `references:' or `in-reply-to'. New discussion thread: be organized
> have a pull of tickets, care about what you post, how you post, etc.
>
> Those new posters will get current footer with more info -- no problem.
>
> People in thread need no work at all. Linus, Andrew, Jeff, DaveM etc.
> are likely to be in white list with no additional work also.
>
> It's anti-spam thing, but maybe it can be kind of netiquette, which is
> forgotten in modern XML Internet world. I didn't live in that time, but
> that's my impression. In case if efficient algo/logic will be implemented
> it will save CPU power, because all processing is done in header part of
> the message and it's a token lookup. Switch on your imagination and
> think, what can be done in another way, why not?

While probably efficient for a few months, it will be terribly boring
to use. I would most probably unsubscribe from then. The most efficient
system against spammers is not to annoy the users, but the spammers.
Otherwise they win.

Your method makes it trivial for them to request 1 ticket, then send 10000
mails which will be accepted without ever being filtered. It will result
in an increase of the number of spams and a great annoyance for the users.
Not for me, thanks :-/

Willy

  Last update: 2007-09-02 10:49    [W:0.252 / U:0.208 seconds]