    SubjectRe: [patch] enable userspace cpu core voltage control with acpi-cpufreq
    On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 16:41:32 +0200 (CEST)
    <> wrote:

    > please add me as CC to any answear to that post.
    > Hello,
    > i want to make a patch known that provides a userspace interface to
    > control the core voltage of a computer processor(s).

    (of course doing this scares the bejeezes out of me ;)

    One request; can you please make it so that the code marks the kernel
    as tainted when such out-of-spec settings are used?
    (pick a taint flag, any taint flag, I thought we had one for
    overclocking (which is effectively what you're doing) but it seems that
    one got removed)...
    This way if people get an oops at least it's clear for people that look
    at such oopses that something funky is going on, and that they can then
    prioritize looking at such an oops accordingly..

    Arjan van de Ven

      Last update: 2007-09-03 00:11    [W:0.020 / U:8.556 seconds]