    SubjectLinux, 2.6.23-rc5, powersaving degradation, (time spend in C0 goes up after a while)
    Hello,

    I have observed some oddness in the powersaving behavior in rc5 and the
    rcs before and i suspect this may be scheduler related.

    After booting or resuming from drisk or ram(!) the wakeups are about
    45 per second (about 1% C0 (cpu runng)) and after
    about half an hour to hours of doing nothing with the laptop besides
    having a powertop in konsole the wakeups rise to about 6200 and the cpu
    is running 55% of the time.

    (with rc3 this was odder, it took three time pretty exactly 43min until
    this occured)

    I appended the output of powertop and the .config.
    But powertop doesn't even show the reason for the wakeups, probably they
    don't exist, but the power usage really goes up.

    The hardware is btw. Dell latitude d830 (intel T7300, intel wlan and
    gfx)

    It's not a bad bug, it's just odd and eats about 4W of power.

    Christian Leber

    --
    http://rettetdieti.vde-uni-mannheim.de/