    SubjectRe: 2.6.23-rc6-mm1
    Am 20.09.2007 01:28 schrieb Chuck Ebbert:
    > AFAICT the rtc problem is caused by misconfiguration: both the new
    > and old rtc driver have been built and they are both trying to load.

    Rats. Sorry. I remember now. That's not the first time I am hit by
    that one. I had even made a resolution to try and find out the correct
    options to set. So what are they? CONFIG_RTC=y and CONFIG_RTC_DRV_CMOS=n?
    Guess I should try that combination in my next round of tests.

    Anyway, shouldn't there be a warning or at least some clear instructions?
    As it is, both the old and the new driver claim in Kconfig that you need
    them in order to access your RTC, and none of them even mentions the
    other, so it's way too easy to end up enabling both of them.

    So are all my other woes a consequence of that one?

    Thanks,
    T.

    --
    Tilman Schmidt E-Mail: tilman@imap.cc
    Bonn, Germany

      Last update: 2007-09-20 01:57    [W:0.031 / U:29.284 seconds]