    SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux-tiny project revival
    Tim Bird wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Is anybody working on testing that the patchkit "does no harm" for bigger
    >> boxes (laptops, desktops, servers)?
    > Not to my knowledge. Most of the things it provides are
    > only activated by config options. So my sense is that just
    > applying the patches should be harmless. But we'll need some
    > runtime testing to see what affect some of these have on
    > big iron.
    Tim is right, Linux-Tiny features are only activated by configuration

    However, that doesn't prevent us from proposing size reduction changes
    impacting all kernel users, in cases a configuration option doesn't make
    sense. Extensive testing in the -mm tree will then be required.

    Michael Opdenacker
    +33 621 604 642

      Last update: 2007-09-20 01:05    [W:0.021 / U:11.968 seconds]