    SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux-tiny project revival
    Tim Bird wrote:
    > Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
    >
    >> Is anybody working on testing that the patchkit "does no harm" for bigger
    >> boxes (laptops, desktops, servers)?
    >>
    > Not to my knowledge. Most of the things it provides are
    > only activated by config options. So my sense is that just
    > applying the patches should be harmless. But we'll need some
    > runtime testing to see what affect some of these have on
    > big iron.

    Tim is right, Linux-Tiny features are only activated by configuration
    options.

    However, that doesn't prevent us from proposing size reduction changes
    impacting all kernel users, in cases a configuration option doesn't make
    sense. Extensive testing in the -mm tree will then be required.

    Cheers,

    Michael.

    --
    Michael Opdenacker