SubjectRe: [Announce] Linux-tiny project revival
Tim Bird wrote:
> wrote:
>> Is anybody working on testing that the patchkit "does no harm" for bigger
>> boxes (laptops, desktops, servers)?
> Not to my knowledge. Most of the things it provides are
> only activated by config options. So my sense is that just
> applying the patches should be harmless. But we'll need some
> runtime testing to see what affect some of these have on
> big iron.
Tim is right, Linux-Tiny features are only activated by configuration

However, that doesn't prevent us from proposing size reduction changes
impacting all kernel users, in cases a configuration option doesn't make
sense. Extensive testing in the -mm tree will then be required.

Michael Opdenacker
+33 621 604 642