SubjectRe: 2.6.23-rc6-mm1 - Mostly working, with a kbuild oddity
On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:03:28PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:32:39 +0200, Sam Ravnborg said:
>
> > So the external module were fiddeling with CFLAGS which is wrong.
> > Yes - it worked before by accident.
>
> OK, I can deal with that diagnosis. ;)
>
> > Pelase ask the author of the module to either fix it or even better
> > submit the driver for inclusion because then we will find it during
> > the review pahse.
>
> I'll take it up with the author, and see what happens...
>
> > But anyway - thanks for reporting an issue related to an external module.
>
> I had a few issues with some other modules, but they're evil binaries so
> I'm taking those up directly with the companies involved.. ;)

How annoying is this - and is this the CFLAGS thing again?
We could introduce some workaraound so we continue to respect
the CFLAGS settings in a Makefile for a while.
But at the end of the day we should convince the external module people
to follow the Kbuild docs. So it will then be temporary.

Opinion?

Sam

  Last update: 2007-09-19 09:35    [W:0.131 / U:1.188 seconds]